Parkmerced Tenants for Change (PTC) grew out of a group of Parkmerced residents who had been meeting for the past several years as the Parkmerced Sustainability Committee, as well as tenants from the Parkmerced Residents Organization and others that have been engaged. We do not want to see this vision crushed due to misguided fears, lies or political gamesmanship. PTC is committed to telling the truth about this project.
The facts are:
“Any resident who lives in a building slated for replacement will be provided a brand-new unit at the same rent-controlled rate with the same rent control protections as their existing apartment at the time of relocation.” – A Legally Binding Agreement!
Those residents who will relocate within Parkmerced will receive a new apartment with:
- Equivalent Size
- Same number of bedrooms and bathrooms
- Choice of locations within Parkmerced
- Improved ADA accessibility
- All new appliances, including dishwasher and washer/dryer
- Vastly more efficient fixtures and lower utility bills
- Comfort due to well-insulated walls and windows
- Safety in buildings that meet or exceed all current code and seismic requirements
These Resident Guarantees are legally enforceable and overseen by the City and the San Francisco Rent Board.
All Parkmerced residents will benefit from new and improved community amenities:
- Improved access to Muni and a closer Muni stop
- Improved roadway access
- Grocery store, cafes, deli and restaurants
- Dry cleaners
- Preschool/day care or possibly a grade school
- Business center, conferencing/meeting rooms, computers with Internet access and printers
- Other neighborhood-serving amenities
- Community center with community/party rooms
- Fitness center, spa, indoor pool, yoga center, and other features
- Community gardens, dog parks, pet store and pet care services
- Playing fields
(OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOUND HERE: www.parkmercedvision.com)
We urge the City to approve the Parkmerced project as soon as possible. Please join us in speaking up.
Join us by taking action!